How to replace a Brita Purity C50 filter
To replace the filter cartridge:
- Rotate the locking handles (either side of the head) to divert the water and release the cartridge. Press the flush valve located on the top left hand side of the head to depressurise the filter.
- Pull the cartridge downwards to remove, and discard the old filter.
- Remove the red 'protective cap' from the filter neck. Insert the new filter cartridge vertically into the filter head and turn the locking handle until you hear it click.
- Operate the flush valve and rinse the filter system until the filtered water runs clear without carbon particles or bubbles. This can take up to 2-5 minutes. If your water appears “milky”, run the water a little longer. This is caused by tiny air bubbles and is harmless.
- Have a tea cloth or sponge to hand to mop up any water/leakages.
NOTE: After carrying out maintenance, we always recommend you observe for possible water leaks over the next 24-48 hours.
HANDY HINT: To alter tubing, or if a leak occurs at tubing connections, remove tubing from push in connectors by simply holding back the floating collet around the tube where it enters the quick connect fitting and pull gently on the tubing to remove. Make sure end of tube is cut square and not distorted. Refit and test.
Order a Brita Purity Pro C50 replacement filter cartridge here.