5 super facts about Strawberries
Whether or not Andy Murray wins or loses, one thing is assured at Wimbledon, there will be loads of strawberries and lashings of cream served up throughout the two weeks of tennis. We’ve put together a list of 5 super facts about strawberries for you.
- Roughly 27,000 kilos of strawberries will be eaten by the end of the championships and there will also be over 7,000 litres of cream to help them along.
- Wimbledon may have 64 seeds in the men’s and women’s competition, but there are about 200 seeds in every Strawberry.
- For every 100 g serving of strawberries you’ll get 0g of fat.
- Strawberries can keep your teeth clean. The acids in the fruit can help remove stains.
- Each strawberry contains a substance called ellagic, which can help fight cancers.